Three Days of Wicked Heat

A pic of the outside temperature reading at my house about 4 pm yesterday.  We had three days of record-setting high temperatures in a row.  Temperatures were 104, 106, and 107.  Humidity was under 30% each day.  Even more unusual for my county was the fact that we had gusty winds all three days as well.  It was like walking out into a gigantic hair dryer.  Very hard on the trees in my woods as we have had no rain for several weeks.  A brief thunderstorm last night offered some minor relief.  Am I watching a desert forming here?  We started doing some targeted irrigation of shrubs Saturday evening.  But, you simply cannot water trees enough.  I am sad for them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lady Chatterley's Lover: An Intensely Sexy Read

A Summary of Money, Power, and Wall Street

A Summary of United States of Secrets