Another Gemini AI image. I asked the AI to draw something symbolic of Faulkner's As I Lay Dying . Read my earlier posts: [ Part One ] [ Part Two ] [ Part Three ] [ Part Four ] Faulkner's masterful use of narrators is central to the power of As I Lay Dying . But, by presenting the story through multiple perspectives, each fraught with its own biases, limitations, and psychological quirks, Faulkner creates a narrative landscape where the reliability of any single viewpoint is questionable. Can you believe everything you are told? Are you even told everything? I have my doubts, which is a marvelous thing that Faulkner intentionally creates in the reader's mind. I admit that much of the “unreliability” in the novel is conjectural or based on interpretation rather than provable falsehoods. Whenever multiple characters narrate the same event they often give slightly different accounts, but it's frequently difficult to determine which, if any, is objectively...
Comments