Mercury's in Retrograde

I got into a real fix with my mower today. My dad had to come pull me out. I ended up finishing our entire back yard - about half an acre or so - with my push mower because the hydraulics on my Gravely won't allow me to restart it. I'll call my mower guy tomorrow to see what I need to do to fix that. I got a great workout push mowing though. It took the place of my usual 3 mile run.



The market had the most volatile day I've known it to have in 10 years of seriously playing and watching it. The VIX is astoundingly over 70. The intra-day high and intra-day low was 1019 points difference. Amazing. For the week the Dow was down about 20%. Ouch...even if I am heavy in cash.

The Wall Street Journal said today: "The Dow Jones Industrial Average capped the worst week in its 112-year history with its most volatile day ever, as hopes for a major international bank-rescue plan were overwhelmed at day's end by another wave of selling."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lady Chatterley's Lover: An Intensely Sexy Read

A Summary of Money, Power, and Wall Street

A Summary of United States of Secrets