Death of an Old Oak

The oak tree this May.

From my Twin Oaks in May post last year.  Obviously, this tree is in decline but I had no idea it was so close to death.
 

Last year I blogged that this photo seemed to have "a power" about it.  This year that old oak tree is dead.  It makes the fifth large tree I have lost in my small woods in the past three years.  Such things are natural, of course.  Under-story trees and shrubs can now take advantage of the new sunlight and grow more lush and tall.   But, in 28 years here I have never had so many older trees die out so closely together.  As a "Steward of the Wood," this troubles me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lady Chatterley's Lover: An Intensely Sexy Read

A Summary of Money, Power, and Wall Street

A Summary of United States of Secrets